Shawnee's Secret Santa

I am a young creative minded mother of boy/girl twins. When we decided to start a family, twins were never in the mix. They have proven to be a blessing and joy and it is a wonder to watch them grow and take in the world around them. I currently work outside the home full-time and find that working along with raising an active (read= exhausting)little family of 6 (can't forget the doggies)can be a bit of a challenge. I decided to purchase a sewing machine to give my creative side a much needed boost. Over the past 6 months I have been teaching myself to sew through my own trial and error and reading of blogs and books. It seems that I have a knack for this sewing thing as I have taken to it like a fish to water. I look forward to sharing with you a little on my life and crafting projects as things take shape!


Saturday, January 3, 2009

A few gifts I put together the past few weeks

In between the large apron order I was doing for my girlfriend, a few birthdays and such came around. My MIL's birthday was right after Thanksgiving. We hadn't gotten her anything and so I offered to make her a purse. My husband was all for it since we were looking to get her something different this year. I picked the pattern up from Artsy-Crafty Babe . This is the second purse I have made. The prototype was made for my mom but I forgot to get pictures in my excitement at having it turn our so well. It's the perfect size and fits and stays nicely on the shoulder. My mom is already thinking of a spring purse and I have a few people putting an order in after the holidays. The result ended in this lovely number.



Two weeks ago we were invited to a friend's house to see their new place and have dinner. As a gift to the wife I pulled together a half apron from my stash of fabric. I used the pattern from my newly acquired, A is for Apron book. 
The book has some great apron choices and I think this turned out lovely with the fabric I choose. The hostess is an itty bitty thing so I made the ties a little longer so that she could bring them round and tie them in the front. I hope she liked it. I can't wait to try some of the other patterns.

A few weeks ago my niece had her birthday. Well, her actual birthday is on Christmas so her mom usually has a party two weeks before the actual day so it doesn't get all mixed up in the holiday. I had bought this pattern from SewSpoiled and was dying to give it a try. The purse I ended up 
 was a slightly bigger version of the mini Ladybug purse. You can see I  used some of the same fabrics as the apron as she liked 
same colors. This purse really made a cute impression with anyone. It was fairly easy and it's a wonderful purse to make for a special little girl in your life. This pattern has the option of a top zipper or a side zipper. I went for the side zipper and it definitely added a nice different twist to it. I can't wait to make the larger version of this purse which is a large over the shoulder style. 

I am so excited to be taking part in my first apron swap. I can't wait to get started and find out my partner and begin the process. I came across this on The Apronista website I am a member. If you are interested click on this link: http://sassyflirtyapronswap.blogspot.com
 I have a feeling this will be a good year for my sewing. I am hoping that as I sew more projects my knowledge will increase. Project #1 this year will be to make the twins some robes. I'll be starting those within the next few days. I will post pictures as I get going. My SIL has also requested a purse like the one I made my MIL so I'll be searching for fabric for that soon.  I hope everyone had a great New Year's! Here to a great 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment